The EQual programme aims to provide benefits for waste producers, waste management companies end users and regulators.
The EQual programme will deliver four objectives:
- assess the environmental impacts of waste-derived products through field trials on four materials
- empower industry to self-assess their Quality Protocols (QP) compliance with a QP checker web tool
- demonstrate a definition of waste web tool that will enable businesses to make their own end of waste decisions
- communicate and disseminate the EQual project findings to its stakeholders and relevant audiences in Europe so that others can learn and benefit from it
The project aims to deliver a:
- definition of waste web tool
- Quality Protocol (QP) checker web tool
- field trial report
- communication and dissemination programme.
We aim to complete certain projects within the following timescales:
- empower industry to self-assess their compliance with Waste Quality Protocols (whether waste is fully recovered so it is no longer classed as waste) with the aid of a Quality Protocol checker web tool to be developed and supplied, following trials with the industries concerned
- give customers greater confidence in waste-derived products produced to Quality Protocol standards by developing web tools which customers can use to confirm the product they are purchasing is no longer waste.
- demonstrate the environmental impacts of waste-derived products on the environment through a series of field trials on four Quality Protocol compliant materials
- demonstrate a successful methodology for making end of waste decisions by developing a definition of waste web tool to enable businesses to make their own end of waste decisions