Civil contingency responders can sign-up for an online targeted flood warning service.
Organisations and individuals want and need different things from us and the services we provide, such as our flood warning information. We continue to develop new services to make it as easy and flexible as possible for organisations to access our information.
We provide a web-based flood warning service for Civil Contingency Act responders. This service provides subscribers with a targeted and efficient service so that they can easily monitor their assets that are at risk from flooding.
How does the service work?
The service sends email notifications and displays flood warnings for the assets which have been stored in the application by the customer. 'Assets' can be an office, depot, hospital, sub-station, treatment works, pumping station or critical road or junction etc.
Subscribers to the service are able to:
- upload a spreadsheet containing details of the assets they wish to monitor when flood alerts and flood warnings are issued in their location
- receive an email when their assets are first affected by a Flood Alert or Flood Warning, and then a further email when their assets are no longer affected
- set up and maintain users and teams within the system
- filter information based on asset name, asset type, time issued and warning status
- access the contact details of the Environment Agency Area incident rooms
- view maps showing the location of the assets together with flood alert/flood warning areas and the Flood Map
Who is this service for and do users have to pay?
The service is available to all Category 1 and 2 responders as designated under the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. The service is free for Category 1 responders and at low cost to others.
We have a wide range of subscribers on the system, these include; utility companies, emergency services, local authorities and health trusts. The London Organising Committee for Olympic Games (LOGOC) used the system to monitor their assets during the olympic games.
Why should I sign-up for this service?
This service offers you a number of benefits including:
- flood Warnings targeted to specific assets - subscribers have quick and easy access to information that is relevant to them
- digital information - flood warnings can be managed online and you can access other information such as maps and key contact details
- maps - you can view assets against flood risk areas (flood map) and flood warnings
- flood response - targeted flood warnings can help you manage flood response plans and target valuable resources
How do I sign-up for this service?
You can sign-up by calling the Environment Agency on 03708 506 506 or contacting your local Environment Agency Flood Resilience team. We'll then require you to complete an access agreement and provide payment where applicable.