Online delegate registration has now closed.
Aimed at local authorities, Regional Flood and Coastal Committee members, Internal Drainage Boards and other risk management authorities, these free workshops complement Defra's capacity building workshop programme. We are pleased that so many of our colleagues will join us at one of the four venues:
- 3 October 2012 - Bristol, Thistle Hotel
- 8 October 2012 - Birmingham City Football Club
- 16 October 2012 - Gatwick Hilton Hotel (fully booked)
- 23 October 2012 - Leeds, The Queens Hotel
The workshops will focus on how we can all manage the risks of flood and coastal erosion together. The key issues that will be tackled include:
- developing local strategies,
- working in partnership to attract funding and deliver results together,
- incident management.
A key part of the day will be bringing these issues to life with case studies and giving everyone the opportunity to share their experiences and ideas. We hope this will be an opportunity to cement relationships with colleagues new and old, and provide a forum for a lively debate on finding solutions to the challenges we face. As part of this, delegates are encouraged to tweet from the four workshops (by following the Environment Agency on Twitter, @EnvAgency, and using the hash tag #FCERM12).
The one-day workshops include plenary, interactive breakout sessions and time in the exhibition area to help all practitioners understand their roles in managing flood risk and how we can achieve more by working better together.
Follow the links below to download the programme for these workshops and obtain further information about the interactive breakout session:
- FCERM12 Workshop Programme (PDF, 113KB)
- Session 2 (Breakout) FCERM in practice (PDF, 111KB)
- Session 3 (Breakout) Engagement (PDF, 71KB)
- Session 3 (Solent Case Study for Bristol) (PDF, 148KB)
- Session 3 (Suffolk Case Study for Birmingham) (PDF, 95KB)
- Session 3 (Newhaven Case Study for Gatwick) (PDF, 316KB)
- Session 3 (Morpeth Case Study for Leeds) (PDF, 134KB)
- Session 5 (Breakout) Partnership funding (PDF, 202KB)
- Session 6 (Breakout) Demystifying the Water Framework Directive (PDF, 110KB)
- FCERM12 Workshop - Exhibitors Listing (PDF, 100KB)